One of the frequent questions I see being asked by Passriders is whether or not they should get a SIM card for their phone when they travel. As such, I had written this post with seven steps to follow when traveling so you can continue to communicate as if you are home.
It seems like its not enough, so I’ve now written the following 11 reasons why you should definitely get a local SIM card for your smartphone when you travel. Sure you can use local Wifi, but that’s not always available and it keeps you restricted to only one place at a time:
- You can text your friends and family using several free texting Apps
- International phone rates are really expensive, not to mention data rates
- You can call a local number to check flight loads and/or list for your flight
- You can use the mapping Apps to navigate your trip
- You can use the mapping Apps to get the schedule for local public transportation
- You can quickly re-list yourself if necessary when you get bumped
- You can research and book hotels when you arrive at your destination at the last minute
- You can check the standby list/loads while waiting to be cleared at the airport
- You can keep in touch with your friends and family from almost anywhere
- You can email or post on social media pictures of you enjoying your trip
- You can use mobile check-in for your flight
What would you like to add? Please leave a comment below. Plus share with your fellow Passriders.