So this past week have been a trying one to say the least. We worked hard at developing the next phase of the Flight Schedule application, but for some reason some of you don’t seem to like it :-).
So, sorry about that.
It’s tough as we beta tested it for a few months and got no negative feedback, actually extremely little feedback at all. We posted the information here on the site, in our newsletter as well as on social media.
So we launched it and wham!
And yes, we did test it ourselves :-). But we don’t use it the way you do, we try to, and that is what we were trying to gather during the beta testing phase.
Unfortunately, making it correct is not a quick solution and we cannot simply revert to the previous desktop format. But rest assured we are working on making the current interface suit your needs.
Based on your feedback, we are looking at placing a Print button on the page so it will just print the schedule info (since that seems to be an issue) and we’ve removed the scrolling issue and have also fixed the excessive white space issue. go to https://www.passrider.com/reservations/advanced-search/.
Each time we make changes on Passrider.com, we always get the question, why? As humans, we hate change, but usually our disgust does pass as the immediate issues are resolved. It’s just very painful in the early stages as something we know, trust and love has changed and so has our world.
So why did we make the changes? What do airlines change their livery when seemingly its fine?
In our case, as always, we want to provide you the best information going forward so this change is necessary as were previous changes. Just so you don’t think we did this to upset you, as I guarantee we did not, although it seems that way, here are some features of the new Application which are shrouded by the interface issues:
- You now have a seven-day window on a schedule; this is helpful for airlines who do not have daily service to a destination in case you are bumped and can’t make it out
- Now you can see the operating airline in case you don’t have any agreement with that airline which means you can’t ride that metal
- You can see interline options; i.e. a combination of different airlines to your destination. The default is not to show any interline options. Users have always asked how come I can see connections that involve one airline coming into Chicago and another leaving? So now you do.
- You can filter out codeshares if you so desire. The default is to not show codeshares. Remember we have different users, so we have to cater to almost everyone.
- A Via filter is now available so you can see only connections via a particular city
- And if you are a paid subscriber, you can now save you preferences (i.e. all the options on the flight schedule) and each time you are signed in, the system will remember your preferences. Pretty soon, as a paid subscriber, you’ll be able to email and/or export the schedule.
We have many users and each of you use the service in a different manner, so while you may not like how something looks or works as an individual, we have to look at it from the whole and try to please as many people as possible, even those who hate to give feedback and are always quiet.
We’ve seen comments about why is it taking so long and why do you have so many ads which clutters the site? I want to address these concerns.
At Passrider.com, we have a small team that makes it all work, ads are needed to ensure that we keep functioning. This is why I usually ask that you support our advertisers and also create additional functionality and services for Premium members. Some of you have done so and we appreciate it a lot.
Change is slow as with each change we have to test and release the change and then monitor your feedback as well. We know the service is important to you, so we are not sitting back and ignoring you. We are diligently working on every reported issue. When all you say is “its awful’ or “its horrible,” we hear you, but we can’t do anything with those comments as we need more detail. what is awful? How horrible is horrible? What are you trying to accomplish that you could before? What browser do you use? Do you have screenshots? Giving us any detail helps a very long way. And many of you have done this with your comments. So thank you.
I think one comment mentioned to remove the comment section, but then we would not be able to see your comments and neither would others, so its a double-edged sword. But it has us thinking about how we can allow you to give feedback and also see the schedules.
We could have decided to remove all comments, but that would help neither of us as from the get go, I always want your feedback and I continue to do so. You are a very vocal group and I appreciate that.
So to wrap up, we are working diligently to fix the issues, so keep checking back. If you can’t see the desktop version properly on your mobile, try using the mobile version at http://mobile.passrider.com. And yes, we do realize that your mobile devices are not auto-sensing the mobile version and yes we are working on that.
If you have any additional comments, insights, issues, etc. please of course feel free to leave them below and we will addresses them.
We appreciate your continued support and your patience.