Welcome To Sudan, Texas
Although established in 1892, the town didn’t get its name until 1918 when the first postmaster suggested the town’s name. I can’t find anything to say why he chose Sudan though.
Read more about the city’s history…
Quick Sudan, Texas Facts
- Initially Established/Settled – 1892
- County – Lamb
- Population – 958 (2010)
- ZIP Code – 79371
- Nearest larger city – Lubbock, Texas (53 miles/85.29 kilometers)
International Country With The Same Name As Sudan
Sudan, Texas shares its name with the country in northern Africa called the Republic of Sudan.
You can find more information about Sudan from their Embassy website at https://www.sudanembassy.org/tourism/.
Where Is Sudan, Texas
Sudan is located in Lamb county along US-84E in the state of Texas just northwest of Lubbock.
Nearest Airports To Sudan, Texas
- Preston Smith International Airport, Lubbock Texas (LBB) – 49 miles/78.86 kilometers
- Rick Husband International Airport – Amarillo, Texas (AMA) – 92 miles/148.06 kilometers
- Lee County Regional Airport, Hobbs, New Mexico (HOB) – 103 miles/165.76 kilometers
Places To Stay In Sudan, Texas
There are no places to stay in Sudan. You can use the search box below to check for hotels in nearby Muleshoe and Littlefield and Lubbock which is the largest town nearby.
Places To Eat
There are some places to eat on the main road. Here is a list:
Allsup’s Gas Station
Family Dollar Store
Things To Do In Sudan, Texas
Sudan is a working class town so there is not anything to do here. However, just driving around town, here’s what I saw.
Tourism Bureau/Chamber of Commerce Information
You can find out more about what’s going on in Sudan, Texas by visiting the City’s website at https://www.cityofsudantx.com/.