What To Do In Toronto, Canada
Toronto, ON Canada, our (the U.S.) neighbor in the north. Such a beautiful city, but I don’t visit often enough. How about you?
The home of Air Canada (AC) and Porter Airlines (PD) and two beautiful airports, Lester B. Pearson (YYZ) in the suburbs and Billy Bishop (YTZ) in the city centre. Perhaps one of the most beautiful approaches to an airport you could ever have. I’ve only watched it from outside of an airplane though as I have yet to log YTZ. Soon…
Here’s some information about this fine city.
Air Canada (AC), Air Transat (TS), Flair (F8), Jetlines (AU), Lynx Air (Y9), Sunwing Airlines (WG), Swoop (WO) and Westjet (WS)
Scheduled Service Airlines Serving Lester B. Pearson Airport, Toronto, ON Canada (YYZ)
Aer Lingus (EI), Aeromexico (AM), Air Canada (AC), Air France (AF), Air India (AI), Air North (4N), Air Transat (TS), American Airlines (AA), Avianca (AV), Biman Bangladesh Airlines (BG), British Airways (BA), Caribbean Airlines (BW), Cathay Pacific Airways (CX), China Eastern Airlines (MU), China Southern Airlines (CZ), Condor (DE), Copa Airlines (CM), Delta Air Lines (DL), EVA Airways (BR), Emirates (EK), Eqyptair (MS), Ethiopian Airlines (ET), Etihad Airways (EY), Flair Airlines (F8), Icelandair (FI), Jetlines (AU), KLM Royal Dutch Airlines (KL), Korean Airlines (KE), LOT Polish (LO), Lufthansa German Airlines (LH), Lynx Air (Y9), Neos Air (NO), Pakistan International Airlines (PK), Philippine Airlines (PR), Porter Airlines (PD), Royal Jordanian (RJ), SAS (SK), SATA International (S4), Sunwing Airlines (WG), Swoop (WO), TAP Portugal (TP), Turkish Airlines – Star Alliance (TK), United Airlines (Star Alliance) (UA) and WestJet (WS).
If looking for a low fare, book at the Web sites for the low cost carriers as you’ll more than likely get the best value there. Try my partner SkyScanner.
Air Canada (AC) Maple Leaf Lounge – Terminal 1 (Star Alliance), Air France/KLM Lounge (SkyTeam) – Terminal 3, American Airlines Admirals Club (oneworld) – Terminal 3, British Airways Galleries/First Lounge (oneworld)- Terminal 3, GoodLife Fitness – Terminal 1, Plaza Premium Lounge – Terminal 1 and 3. You can refer to the LoungeBuddy App for more details.
- Airport To The City: There are a few ways to get this done, but the best and newest is taking the train into Union station (you used to have to take a bus). It’s called the Up Express. Not sure if they offer an airline discount, but present your badge and see what they say. It leaves from Terminal 1 to the City, but if you are in Terminal 3, you can take the terminal link to Terminal 1. More details about all ground transportation items are at http://www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/ground/.
- Airport Area Hotels – There are a few located within the airport vicinity. Use the widget below to find one. You can always call and ask for the airline/travel industry rate and determine which one works best.
- Currency: Canadian dollars (CAD). As an FYI, there are some additional taxes on reduced fare tickets that goes to the airport improvement and the Canadian and U.S. governments.
- Language: English and French.
- Visa Information: No visa for U.S. citizens. Use this link to check visa requirements. Here is some additional information for U.S. Citizens.
- Scheduled Service Airlines Serving Billy Bishop Airport, Toronto, ON Canada (YTZ): Air Canada (AC), Porter Airlines (PD).
- Airport Lounges: Porter Airlines Lounge. It’s not much, but you can find some more information here.
- Airport To The City: You can walk using the foot tunnel, take the free ferry (you have to pay for your car) or take the complimentary shuttle. They also encourage you to bik over as well. And of course you can take a taxi as soon as you get to the mainland.
- Airport Area Hotels
Lots of different kind of foods in Toronto as they have a very diverse population. There’s Jamaican food, Chinese food, Indian food, it just goes on and on. And yes, there’s poutine as well. In the city itself, just walk down Yonge Street and you will not be disappointed. Also head over to St. Lawrence Market for some really good eats. Here are some photos to get your appetite whet.
Where to Stay
There is no shortage of accommodations in Toronto. Here are some different choices:
- Airbnb – If you sign up for AirBnb using my link, you will get a $25 credit which you can use when you book.
- Homestay – You can list your own home here similar to Airbnb and also find a place to stay.
- Hotel Choices – Use this handy link to book hotels anywhere in Toronto, ON Canada
Things To Do in Toronto:
- Billy Bishop Airport – If you are an aviation geek, then you really must head over to the island airport.
- CN Tower – It’s the highest point in the city, so head up there and have a look around. It’s also even nicer if there’s a game going on at the stadium below it.
- Toronto Island – Jump on the ferries and take the journey across. Maybe you’ll get lucky and catch a Q400 landing at Billy Bishop.
- Visit a Park – The city has many parks, just go relax in one of them
- Take a Tram – There are also trams to take you everywhere hop on the 501 as its the most famous one.
I’ve also added a few videos as well.
Have you made it to Toronto? How did you like it?