Travel Apps Used By Your Fellow Passriders
I talk to our peers from time to time about how they use technology in their travels. I was able to compile Here is a list of Apps that are used by your traveling peers. Feel free to add your favorites in the comments below:
- Airbnb – https://www.passrider.com/airbnb – Allows you to stay in people’s homes around the world. Not so good if you are unsure if you will make your flight or not. Can get some good deals especially if traveling in a group.
- CityMaps2Go – http://www.ulmon.com/#get-the-app – iOS, Android. Destination information including Maps. The maps are also available when you’re offline.
- Open Street Maps – https://www.openstreetmap.org/ – Similar to Google Maps, it gives turn by turn directions.
- SeatGuru – http://www.seatguru.com – Gives information on seat maps for each flight.
- FlightView – http://www.flightview.com – Gives flight status for flights around the world.
- GateGuru – http://gateguru.com/ – iOS, Android, Windows. Gives gate information and airport information among other things.
- HotelsTonight – iOS, Android. Gives hotels for today and up to 7 days away. If you use the invite code “kmckenzie15” when signing up, you will get a $25 credit. Start by downloading the App from here.
- Next Flight – iOS and Android. It gives the flights between two cities in chronological order, their gates, and if there is a delay. There is an App cost of $2.99.
- TripCheck by ASU.com – gives you flight availability for an annual subscription of $40/yr.
- Tripit – iOS, Android and Desktop. https://www.tripit.com/ – You can store your itineraries in this App as well as check availability on alternate flights.